This page is basically a documentation of me learning to write. See I always love to express my emotion (ps: I am a drama queen) and everyone around me will testify that I constantly talk to express myself. I feel comfortable talking. Unfortunately I am not quite so good at writing because of two reasons:
- writing makes me self aware
- I find it more difficult to transfer emotion as I write compare to as I speak
- I am not quite adept with writing in English
Hmm, that’s three reason… Apparently I am not good at math either 🙂
Why do i want to be good at writing? Let’s go with another three reasons:
- I am inherently greedy and want to be good at everything
- I like when I read something and think “I know how that feels, I understand that!!!” and I thought it would be great to create the same feeling.
- Although I put this last, I think this is the biggest reason… I just want to leave a footprint. If “I think, therefore I am”, I want what I think to leave a mark. See, few years ago I still hold on to my childhood belief that I will win Nobel prize and that will be my mark. Now, I am not sure that I will anymore. But this is not a sad thing. I just realised I have yet found who I am and I am not sure I will. Now I am just enjoying the journey of trying to figure it out. In case in the end of the journey I still haven’t figure that out, I want to share the worry, joy and passion of me going through it – and by it I mean my erratic and confusing thought. I have this fear that noone will hear me and it wold be too easy to forget my existence.
I guess I just want to be remembered. Why? For me no one said it better than Frederick Buechner..
“When you remember me, it means that you have carried something of who I am with you, that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are. It means that you can summon me back to your mind even though countless years and miles may stand between us. It means that if we meet again, you will know me. It means that even after I die, you can still see my face and hear my voice and speak to me in your heart.
For as long as you remember me, I am never entirely lost. When I’m feeling most ghost-like, it is your remembering me that helps remind me that I actually exist. When I’m feeling sad, it’s my consolation. When I’m feeling happy, it’s part of why I feel that way.”
Finally, I would love to hear any comments you might have on my writing. Again I have three reasons why (I am a bit crazy about “three reasons why”).
- Because I am quite narcissistic – I love hearing anything about myself (good or bad).
- Because if there’s plenty of comments, this blog wouldn’t look too sad
- Because I believe that the best way to communicate is to share how you think on how I think…. (see number 1)